Garrett Regional Medical Center’s Worksite Wellness Program can help you control and even reduce costs associated with employee health. Wellness efforts can impact absenteeism, health insurance costs, and employee productivity. Over the long term, it can also lead to a more stable work force.
At Garrett Regional Medical Center, we are dedicated to not only providing health care services for Garrett County and the surrounding region, but to ensuring that the people of our community are leading healthier, more productive lives.
Our Community Wellness Coordinator can meet with your management team to determine the best program for your company and tailor it to fit the needs of your workforce.
- Drug Screens: pre-employment screenings, post-accident screenings, and random screenings. Drug panels can be tailored to include the substances for which the employer needs to screen.
- Evidenced-based alcohol screenings.
- Vaccinations: include flu, pneumonia, and herpes zoster (shingles)
- Biometric Screens: blood pressure, height, weight, Body Mass Index (BMI), body fat percentage.
- Wellness Blood Screen: Multiphasic screening that requires fasting. Items tested include cholesterol, glucose, ion, etc. This panel can be modified as needed, either doing only a few of the screenings or adding additional items, such as HGA1C, PSA, etc.
- Onsite DOT physicals.
In addition to the onsite screening services, Garrett Regional Medical Center’s Worksite Wellness team can provide screenings and educational information at company events, such as employee health fairs. The Worksite Wellness team can also provide educational presentations at Lunch & Learns, lunchtime events at which they present an educational program on a particular health concern.
As part of Garrett Regional Medical Center’s commitment to community wellness and women’s health, we also partner the WVU Cancer Institute located at the hospital campus to offer the Look Good…Feel Better® program. This free program, sponsored by the American Cancer Society, educates women on coping with skin changes and hair loss from cancer treatments. We offer Look Good…Feel Better®throughout the year. For registration information, you may call (301) 533-4366.